Applicable under the new tax collection system, there will be one main return i.e. Form GST RET-1 and two Annexures Form GST ANX 1 and GST ANX 2 to be filed by businesses. Monthly compliance is mandatory for such returns excluding the small taxpayers (whose annual turnover is up to 5 Crores) who can go for quarterly return filing.
About GST ANX-2
Meant especially for all inward supplies, Form GST ANX 2 is the Annexure of the main return form GST RET-1. The supply recipients approve the details by accepting the documents. Depending on the situation, they have the option to reject the improper documents or keep them pending to work upon later. Acceptance by the recipient denotes that the entries done by the supplier in Form GST ANX-1 are correct.
Composition of Form GST ANX 2
Following are the details to be filled in GST ANX 2:
1. GSTIN: A taxpayer needs to input the GSTIN.
2. Basic details: Trade name, legal name, etc. will get loaded automatically based on your GSTIN.
3. This will include details of inward supplies received from a registered person (except for the supplies attracting reverse charge), including imports and supplies received from SEZ units or developers on Bill of Entry: Table below shows the format of entries:
|Table No.||Name of the Table||Instructions|
|3A||Supplies received from registered persons including services received from SEZ units||The details in these tables will be auto-populated from the following tables of the supplier’s FORM GST ANX-1 return:
The recipient has the option to take action on the documents by either accepting, rejecting or marking them as pending.
|3B||Import of goods from SEZ units/developers on Bill of Entry|
|3C||Import of goods from overseas on Bill of Entry|
|4||Summary of the input tax credit||This will be the total figure of the input tax credit for the return filing period, based on action taken by the recipient of supplies such as:
|5||ISD credits received||This table is for reporting eligible input tax credit that has been received from an input service distributor. This needs to be entered document-wise.|
Format of Form GST ANX-2
General Guidelines for filing FORM GST ANX-2
- The supplier needs to upload details in Form GST ANX-1 which will get automatically uploaded in GST ANX 2.
- Details being auto-loaded in GST ANX-2 are already available for the recipient to accept, reject or keep it pending depending on the data.
- If the documents get rejected by the recipient then the supplier can make corrections in the documents via his form GST ANX 1.
- Document quoted pending by the recipient means the document is to be treated later thus the Input Tax Credit on these untreated documents will not be visible in Form GST RET 1 (the main return form).
- The supplier cannot amend pending invoices until they are rejected by the recipient.
- The status of the supplier’s return (filed or not) will be visible to the recipient in form GST ANX 2. Though this will not affect the input tax credit availability of the recipient.
- FORM GST ANX-2 will be deemed filed based upon the filing of the main return i.e. form GST RET 1 relating to the particular tax period.
- The supplier has filed GST ANX 1 but has not filed his returns for the two consecutive times previously, then the recipient will be unable to take credit on these documents (as same is available in his form GST ANX 2) but he has the option to keep the document pending or reject the document.