GST Act was introduced by Modi Government in the year 2017 to develop a provision for levying and collecting tax on intra-State supply of goods or services or both by the Central Government and for the concerned and connected matters or incidents thereto. The compliance calendar dates forma that were have included have been included in this compliance sheet and not be to be missed if the penalty has to be avoided. The GST return forms included are GSTR 8, GSTR 1, GSTR 6, GSTR 5, GSTR 5A, GSTR 3B, GSTR 9,9A,9C etc. The notable deadlines wrt GST Act for the year 2019 is mentioned below:
Compliance Requirement under Goods & Services Tax Act, (GST) 2017
|Forms/ (Filing mode)||Due Dates||Compliance Particulars|
|GSTR 8||10.08.2019||TCS Collector (for the month of July, 2019)|
|GSTR 1||11.08.2019||Return of outward supplies of taxable goods and/or services for the Month of July 2019 (for Assesses having turnover exceeding 1.5 Cr.) Monthly Return.|
|GSTR 6||13.08.2019||Due date for Furnishing return of July 2019 by Input Service Distributors (ISD)|
|RFD 10||18 months after end of the quarter for which refund is to be claimed||Application for Refund|
|PMT 08||Payment of tax shall be made by 20th of the month succeeding the month to which the liability pertains.||Payment of self-assessed tax|
|GSTR 5 GSTR 5A||20.08.2019||Summary of outward taxable supplies and tax payable by Non-Resident taxable person & OIDAR respectively.(for the month of July, 2019)|
|GSTR 3B||20.08.2019||Simple GSTR return for the month of July, 2019|
|GSTR 7||31.08.2019||(Period: From October 2018 to July 2019) TDS Deductor)|
|GST CMP-08||31.08.2019||statement containing the details of payment of self-assessed tax for the quarter April, 2019 to June, 2019, or part thereof|
|GSTR 9 GSTR 9A GSTR 9C||31.08.2019||Annual Returns for FY 2017-18|
Key Highlights of 36th GST Council Meeting:
- GST rate reduction from 12% to 5% and 18% to 5% on all Electric Vehicles and its charger or charging stations, respectively
- GST exempt hiring of electric buses by local authorities
- GST rate changes effective from 1st August, 2019
Recommendations by GST council for the extension of Due Dates
- Due date for filing intimation in form GST CMP-02, to get the tax payment option under notification No. 2/2019-Central Tax (Rate) dated 07.03.2019 (by extraordinary supplier of services), should be postponed from 31.07.2019 to 30.09.2019.
- The due date for filing statement reflecting the details of the self-assessed tax in form GST CMP-08 for the quarter from April, 2019 to June, 2019 (by composition taxpayers), should be postponed from 31.07.2019 to 31.08.2019.
For your filing related requirements, download free trial of Gen GST return filing software for GSTR 1, GSTR 3B, GSTR 4 & GSTR9, 9A, 9C etc. You can also check latest news, due dates, articles, blog and notifications related to the GST on our official blog.