Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is not a new topic in company boardrooms. However, with various studies categorically establishing the business impact of having a diverse and inclusive workforce, this topic has gained more prominence. In fact, in many companies, D&I programs are a CEO-led mandate and form part of the KPAs of leaders.
For NASSCOM and India’s technology industry, promoting diversity and inclusion is a core value. It is in this context that we have been conducting the annual D&I summit and recognizing companies that are leading the way in ensuring a more equitable workforce.
Under NASSCOM’s Diversity and Inclusion agenda, we had conducted the Diversity & Inclusion Awards 2019. We saw participation from 44 organisations (in terms of their employees, these represent >36% of total employee workforce). During NASSCOM’s D&I Summit 2019 held during Oct 22-23, 2019, we recognised 17 of these firms for their inclusive programs. Award categories included Excellence in Gender Inclusion and Excellence in Inclusion of Persons with Disability (PwDs).
Here is the detailed whitepaper with the analysis of the submissions and the detailed case examples of the shortlisted companies. Highlights include:
– Women make up 35% of total industry workforce
– 10% female co-founders in Indian tech start-ups
– Growing share of women in net new hires – 44% in FY2020
– 2X growth in women at Executive lever in last 3 years
– Two fairly new programs are emerging as a way to retain women: Return-ship programs, aimed at women wanting to return to work after either maternity break or career break; Career Intentionality, encouraging women to consciously invest in career goals
– Companies working with specialized PwD vendors Partnership model to recruit and hire PwDs
– PwDs being groomed for operational and client facing roles
We hope you find this report useful. Please share your feedback/comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.