In June 2018, NITI Aayog came out with the National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence, whereby there were four areas highlighted to harness the full power of AI for India. These are: Research – Core & Applied; Skilling & Re-skilling; Accelerating Adoption; and, Ethics, Privacy & Security.
Both NITI Aayog and NASSCOM have agreed to work and promote AI & Machine Learning towards Applied Research, Accelerating Adoption, Ethics, and Privacy & Security.
This was a great opportunity for us to sign an MoU with NITI Aayog on 5th July, to collaborate and advance AI adoption in India; facilitate key stakeholder interaction; Share knowledge; and, organize summits and meetings to disseminate learnings and reach out to a broader audience. Additionally, it’s a substantive boost to NASSCOM’s recently launched Futureskills platform which aims to prepare 1.5 million professionals in the areas of niche technology in the next 4 – 5 years.
Scope of Work
- An India AI portal to host information about AI & Machine Learning.
- Focussed effort to get skilled women job-ready in AI. NASSCOM’s Women Wizard Rule Tech (WWRT) is a focussed endeavour.
- Identify global platforms to showcase India’s potential in AI.
- Explore & facilitate setting up of National AI Marketplace.
- Setting up of think-tanks.
- Facilitate Research.
- 10k Programme, NASSCOM Product Conclave (NPC), the Deep Tech Clubs, Incubators in NCR & Bengaluru.
- Newly established CoE – DS & AI with the Govts. Of Karnataka & Telangana. They will conduct PoCs for real life problems for corporate and govt. NITI Aayog to be the Knowledge Partner.
- NASSCOM events which have global outreach.
- NASSCOM Research which forms the bulwark of Thought Leadership.
- Futureskills Platform.
Know more about NASSCOM’s initiatives and programs, follow