Product Name: Samudra Network
Name of Organization: Samudra Network
At the helm: Rajiv Bhatia & Sneha Lakshman
Year of Incorporation: 2019
Core technology used: Android Mobile & Internet front end, backend database technologies. Exploring Blockchain for traceability & provenance.
1. Tell us about your product/solution in brief.
Samudra Network is a winner of Startup India & GOI Ministry of A&FW – Agriculture Grand Challenge. We are working on two solutions for Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO), Co-operatives, Federations, Agri Enterprises and the wider agri value chain. The first solution is a FPO Digitization solution which includes mobile applications and dashboards for the FPO / Federation / Co-Operative staff and directors to manage daily operations like Shareholder/Member tracking, Farm Input Sales, Stock & Inventory management, Farm Output sales and demands from buyers. The second solution we are developing is an Agri Market Network to connect the FPOs to the wider ecosystem of wholesale buyers, agri finance companies, inputs suppliers, logistics via market linkages and key partner relationships. The Agri Market Network provides discovery, networking, workflow and transaction management capabilities.
2. Mention the geographic area where your solution is implemented and give us details of the intervention.
Currently our FPO Digitization solution is deployed with 15 Farmer Producer companies in Karnataka active in Kunigal, Gubbi, Tumkuru & Nagamangala taluks . These FPOs are using the solution to manage their shareholder member information, daily Input Sales, keep track of their Stock , Inventory and Purchase Indents and also start tracking harvest and produce which their shareholder farmers are growing to be able to initiate discussions with buyers.
FPOs are able to make operations better by looking into real time insight dashboards & reports around Sales (most popular products, cash vs credit, monthly trends etc) Outstanding Credit Balance, Cash Collection details and Stock Inventory status, Available Stock & Outport crop forecasts, sales trends etc.
3. What was the objective of the project and how much of it was achieved?
We started the project in 2018 to help the FPOs digitize some of their basic processes and operations to help them lower their operating costs & scale up faster with data driven insights. Through 2018 we piloted with 4 FPOs and saw improvements in the visibility they got into their business via real time insights on sales, inventory and demand management. In Dec 2018 we scaled up the operations to 15 FPOs and currently are in process to enable both Inputs and Outputs business management , Shareholder / Member management through our tools. We are further introducing ecosystem players like Buyers, Agri Finance companies & Inputs suppliers to these FPOs to help them become profitable.
4.Give details of the cost of your solution and scope of scalability d
Our solutions are offered on a Software As a Service model and charged on a per sales transaction revenue share model, there is no upfront cost for the FPO to use our solution. We can support any size of FPOs from small 300-400 farmer FPOs to large 3000-4000 FPOs. We are able to provide multi-FPO tracking and solutions for POPI’s , Resource Institutions, Enterprises (Buyers & Input Sellers) and Financial Institutions that are working with FPOs and co-operatives.
5.Are you looking for partners? Mention details of partnership.
We are looking to partner with various types of players :
- Government Agri departments that are supporting the FPOs & Federations to bring our solutions through them to the FPOs for helping to make these FPOs more successful, profitable & scale up their business faster
- State government Agri e-marketplaces to help connect our solutions for FPO sales
- Agri Buyers, Food Processors, Financial Institutions and Farm Input suppliers to enable strengthening the ecosystem for the FPOs and Co-Operatives
- Other AgriTech players eg. Market Places, Farm IOT players etc via an OpenAPI philosophy to enable permissioned data sharing for the benefit of the users & ecosystem