Artificial Intelligence is too good to believe because it is becoming an essential part of today’s technology industry, it is a simulation of human intelligence which is a process done through a machine, especially for computer systems. In simple words, through AI, intelligent machines can be created which work and react like human beings.
The basic research which is done on artificial intelligence is very technical and specialized. Which states that artificial intelligence can be categorized as weak AI and strong AI.
Weak AI – Researcher’s called weak AI as Narrow AI, which means the AI is designed to perform only a particular task. For example; Virtual personal assistants – such as Apple’s Siri, is a form of weak AI.
Strong AI – Researcher’s called strong AI as Artificial General Intelligence, which means it is a system that is used for generalizing human cognitive abilities. If any unfamiliar task in front of strong AI, then the strong AI will be able to provide the solution without the intervention of human beings.
What are the different areas which together make Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is science as well as a technology which is based on the discipline of:
- Computer Science
The main goals of artificial intelligence are:
- To create expert systems – To create a different kind of a system that exhibits intelligent behavior, can explain easily, can learn like humans, demonstrate and can also give advice to the users.
- To Implement Human Intelligence in Machines – The system which actually behaves like humans understand like humans, and can also think like humans.
The different components which are used to work on artificial intelligence are:
Types of Applications which are used in AI
- Image Recognition
- Speech Recognition
- Chat bots
- Natural Language Generation
- Sentiment Analysis
Different Types of Models which are used in AI
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
Different Types of Software / Hardware which are used for training and running the models of AI
- Parallel processing tools (Like Spark)
- Cloud data storage and computer platforms
Different Types of programming languages which are used in preparing the models of AI
- Tensor Flow
The different types of technology on which the AI technology can easily work
- Machine Learning
- Machine Vision
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Self – Driving Cars
The study on artificial intelligence was conducted by studying how the human brain thinks, how they capture things in mind, how they decide, works while performing Some activities for which artificial intelligence is designed are:
- Speech recognition
With the help of Artificial intelligence, the creator can make:
- A different kind of computer
- A computer controlled robots
- A different type of software which thinks intelligently like humans
Researcher’s use different types of Artificial Intelligence while doing their work, which is explained below:
- Reactive Machines – This AI system doesn’t have its memory that is why it cannot store things. The basic example for reactive machines are Deep blue, which is the IBM Chess Program, this example is relevant here because Deep Blue can easily identify the pieces on the chessboard and can easily make the predictions about the game, but doesn’t have memory which enables Deep Blue to use its past experience for informing the future ones. It can only analysis the possible moves of both the players and can choose the most strategic move.
- Limited Memory – This AI system has limited memory because of that, they are able to use their past experience for informing future decisions. Some of its decision-making functions are used in the self-driving car. In limited memory, observation informs actions that are going to happen in the future, but these observations are not stored in its memory permanently.
- Theory of Mind – On this AI system, research is going on for designing it, till now it doesn’t exist. This is the psychology term which means, it understands others’ beliefs, desires, and intentions which impacts the decision making of that person.
- Self-Awareness – On this AI system, research is going on for designing it, till now it doesn’t exist. This system has all senses regarding its own and also have the consciousness. This system can easily predict what the other person is feeling about and also very much aware of its own current state.
Different Applications of Artificial Intelligence
There are different fields where AI is used are:
- Gaming – For Examples; Chess, Poker, Tic-Tac-Toe, etc.
- Natural Language Processing – This is the system which understands the language spoken by humans and can also interact with humans.
- Expert Systems – This is the system that provides a solution to the problems and can give advice to the users.
- Vision Systems – This is the system that understands, comprehend, interprets the visual inputs which are done on computers.
- Speech Recognition – Only some of the intelligent systems are capable of hearing and can also comprehend the language of human beings in terms of sentences and also provide the meaning to that sentence while interacting with the humans.
- Handwriting Recognition – This is the software that is used to read the handwriting of humans or the text which is written on the paper with the pen and can easily convert it into the editable text.
- Intelligent Robots – Intelligent Robots can easily understand the human language and performs all the tasks which are given to them by humans.