Indian Tech Start-up Ecosystem: Leading Tech in the 20s
NASSCOM’s report on “Indian Tech Start-up Ecosystem: Leading Tech in the 20s” underlines how Indian start-up ecosystem continues to expand and various elements of the ecosystem are coming together in symphony to give rise to an orchestra of innovation – right from Government support (State and Central), evolution of the investor landscape, increase in participation from the corporates, growth of national digital infrastructure, to incredible global exposure.
- Overall start-up base in the country expected to cross 9300 in 2019 – a consistent annual growth of 12-15%
- Investment in start-ups were steady with USD 4.4Bn in Jan to Sep 2019 across 450 start-ups at a 5% y-o-y growth.
- Fintech, enterprise, and retail tech are the most mature sectors with strong metrics across dimensions
- Over ~45% CAGR growth in no. of start-ups across established, emerging and nascent hubs
- 10 key trends reflect ecosystem’s growing breadth, depth and overall maturity in a competitive global environment
- Trends cover emerging start-up hubs; leveraging deep-tech and focusing on underserved markets and more
- Indian start-up ecosystem has the potential to grow 4X by 2025 in what would be a decade of exponential growth
- Number of unicorns expected to be 95-105 potentially and the cumulative valuation to reach USD 350-390Bn.