Every well-known on-demand business out there once started with a great idea. But looking at their journey they may have faced a lot of challenges like,
- Financial problems
- Lack of technical awareness
- Incorrect planning
- Finding potential customers
Some give up, But a well thought out strategic plan and milestones for an on-demand business may help you stand strong.
For an on-demand business like Uber, it’s crucial to stay updated with current and upcoming technologies.
Top 5 on-demand business ideas
5 best ideas to start your successful on-demand business like uber are
1. On-demand beauty service – By using the on-demand beauty service one doesn’t have to travel to the salon. It also offers you to choose from multiple options available. It allows the user to book an appointment at their preferred time and also provides service at their doorstep.
2. Housekeeping on-demand app- Looking for an affordable and trustworthy housekeeper is so hard nowadays. The on-demand housekeeping app lets you book a maid as per your preference.
3. Learning on-demand apps – Apps like Udemy, Byju’s has got a lot of attention among teachers and learners of any location, age, etc. These apps enable you to learn anywhere, anytime.
4. Healthcare on-demand app – The on-demand healthcare service connects patients with best physicians around them via the web, app or even home visits. Once you book an appointment through the app, a skilled doctor will visit you personally. The app also supports live video chat with professionals regarding physical, mental issues.
5. Car parking on-demand app – Due to the increase in the use of personal vehicles, finding parking spaces has become a huge problem. The on-demand car parking app assists you in locating the nearby parking spaces and lets you book through the app.
Steps to convert your on-demand business idea into reality
Step 1: Evaluate your business idea
After choosing your on-demand business idea, it is important to put them to a test. Do a complete market analysis, make a note of the recent trends in your business.
Make a list of successful companies in your market and start analyzing their strategy and also take a close look at their solutions.
The checklist to analyze your business ideas:
Identify how effectively you solve the problem
- Know your competition
- Assess the market
- Ensure the financial availability
- Strength and weakness of your idea
Step 2: Find target audience for your on-demand business idea
Every on-demand business has a separate set of audiences. It’s important to know who your potential customers are.
Not everyone needs your service or product. For example, if you are about to start an on-demand learning app keep in mind the following,
- Age of your audience – The target customers for your business mostly are teenagers. They have a hunger to learn. So you have to plan accordingly to attract them.
- Geo – Customer’s geography also plays a major role. It helps you to launch your product, targeting their language and location. For example, Udemy supports almost 16 languages.
- Financial position – The financial position of a customer should also be taken into account as it is not certain that everyone will have the resource to buy your product or service.
When you funnel out “Who your target customers are”, It is easy for you to reach and customize your product based on their requirements.
Step 3: Software solutions needed for on-demand business idea
The reason Uber became one of the best on-demand service providers is they adapted the evolving technologies to their business plan.
If you are about to start an on-demand business like Uber, then you need a technically strong website and a mobile application to back you up.
Choose a tech stack that matches your business needs. Building your business with the right stack will boost up your productivity and gives you a competitive advantage over the others.
Go with the best uber clone app made with Flutter that is readily available in the market to reduce your development time, cost, and helps to launch your product in no time.
The Uber-like app is 100% customizable that can match any of the top 5 on-demand businesses as listed above.
Step 4: Build a successful team
Build a team to handle the challenges that come in your way while growing as a business. They should have the courage and knowledge to handle the tasks effectively.
Microsoft, a tech giant once started with only 2 members trusting their core knowledge. As of now, they have around 144 thousand employees working with them.
The success of a company purely depends upon the success and knowledge of the team they have.
If you are about to start a company like Uber, search for opportunities around you. There are a lot of successful tech companies to help you develop your uber-like apps and websites.
Also, they assist you in launching your product online. So you don’t have to face any challenges while starting your first ever on-demand business.
Step 5: On-demand business Marketing
You have a successful business idea, built a strong team around it but is it enough to make your customer aware of your product?
Marketing your product across productive platforms helps your product to reach out to the target customers.
There’s a lot of ways to market a product but choose the best marketing channels around your niche and work on them.
You have to be sure that every work you do yields a positive result. Don’t waste your valuable time on a channel that doesn’t go well for you.
There’s a lot of ways to bring traffic to your site but if your site is not good enough for the customer then they’ll bounce back.
Pick a list of keywords for your on-demand business and build your site around them. Use this keyword for blogging, site SEO and as your marketing strategy.
Few ways to increase traffic to your on-demand business site,
1. Making social presence – No wonder that social media plays a major role in marketing, as 3.5 billion of us use it. Make a list of social media platforms that suits your business and work on them.
2. “Content is king” – Create a blog around the list of targeted keywords. Create a blog that is informative to the customers rather than being too pushy. The customer should get something out of your blog which in turn makes them get attracted to your product or service.
3. On-page SEO – The user experience is one of the important factors that affect your ranking. User signals are the ones that Google uses to rank the page in SERP. If your on-page is with clear cut meta-description, headings, title tags it increases your on-page SEO score. Also, Google analyses how responsive, informative and speedy your page is to rank them.
Links – It is proved that backlinks are one of the most important factors for ranking a site in Google’s search results. Both internal and external link matters.
Interested in starting an on-demand taxi business?
If you have an idea of starting an on-demand business like Uber, then an Uber-like app is the best choice to go with.
The uber-like app has every feature that every taxi business needs. It can also be customized to match the profile of your company.
Wooberly – Uber clone
Wooberly a technically strong, uber-like app is the better option to go with if you are about to start your on-demand taxi business.
Uber clone – Wooberly is built with the latest technology – Flutter. It is an open-source UI toolkit made to build native applications for web and mobile apps by using a single codebase.
Benefits of using Flutter
The benefits of using Flutter to build apps are,
- Cross-platform native apps.
- Reduces development cost and time
- Attractive User interface
- Low testing efforts
What makes Wooberly one of the best uber-like apps around?
Wooberly – Uber-like app comprises of three main users,
Features which makes Wooberly stand apart from the competition are
- One-click sign up option
- Multiple vehicle options
- Live tracking
- Advanced payment options
- Fare estimation
- Driver tips
- Stripe 3D secure
- SOS Assistance
- In-app wallet option
- Payout method
- Multi-currency and language option
- Driver status
- Push Notifications
- Dynamic routing
- Cancellation reason
- Earning reports
- Site settings
- Manage promo codes
- Bookings management
- Notifications control
- Canceled bookings
- Category management
- Vehicles management