Dr. Jeffrey L. Sampler’s research analyses the intersection between strategy and technology. His research interests include the strategic implications of new technology, and the management of information as a strategic resource.
His current work focuses on strategic shock absorbers — a study of factors that allow business to stay grounded even when they encounter unexpected change. Interestingly, the foundation for the research is 15 case studies on Indian companies. He has special expertise in outsourcing, especially in India.
He is an expert in helping businesses make plans for the future. His newest book is Bringing Strategy Back: How Strategic Shock Absorbers Make Planning Relevant in a World of Constant Change.
- Professor of Management Practice at China Europe International Business School.
- He was Fellow of Strategy and Technology at Said Business School and Fellow of Green Templeton College, University of Oxford.
- He has also been Research Scientist in Centre for Information System Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) since 2001.
- He has been featured in Newsweek, BBC Radio, CNBC, Economic Times, Financial Mail, and IT Web.
- He has written two books on the economic transformation of Dubai, Sand to Silicon and Sand to Silicon — Going Global.
- He has advised and been a board member of both FTSE 100 corporations and start-ups.
- He has been an advisor to former president of Nokia for 5 years and advised 2 Heads of State