Excitement and Fun based work culture can create employees with:
- Increased productivity, Creativity and Innovation
- Delivering good customer service with Passion and Smile's
In fact, companies that adopt a fun based work culture have:
- Lower levels of absenteeism and Less down time
- Greater job satisfaction and Increased employee loyalty
With current lot of younger generations, it is more important to put up a Social Framework with emphasis on Balanced Fun@Workplace with Business objectives rather than enforcing traditional policies & procedures which may become counterproductive in achieving Employee Productivity, Satisfaction & Loyalty.
- Redefine company culture with Excitement, Fun, Open Communications & Collaborations
- Understand what employees want as work culture
- Make monotonous activities more appealing, challenging & interesting
- Advocate change management in key areas like Employees Rewards & Recognition, Team building exercises and Employees participating events.
Recent research from San Francisco State University notes that fun in the workplace is heavily dependent on the ages of employees. Those born between the early 1980s and early 2000s, otherwise known as millennial, tend to like workplace fun more than older generations. One survey from PGI went so far as to say 88 per cent of millennials want a fun and social work environment, compared to just 60 per cent of boomers (people born between approximately 1946 and 1964).