- Register with your company email ID – if your company is a NASSCOM Member, you will get access to the Member Exclusive section as well. Log In regularly and keep track of all the updates that happen in the community. Give feedback to those whose content was helpful to you, through likes, comments, and ratings. Contribute to the discussion by posting and commenting on the original story.
- Be yourself. The idea of this community is to share information and collaborate with each other from similar industries and sectors. Provide as much information about yourself as you can. Upload your photo instead of an avatar or graphic. Share knowledge and expertise transparently. Act in a give-and-take manner, contribute to others as often as or more than you ask for help. Be responsive.
- Search the existing threads and blogs for the information you are looking for, or want to share. If a similar thread already exists, append your thoughts to it. If it does not, feel free to start a new discussion. Identify the right community for your discussion, and start your new discussion or blog post there.
- Use well-defined titles for new articles, documents, blogposts or discussions. This will facilitate users to filter threads they don’t want to see from those that they would want to interact with. Tag your content with as many relevant tags that you can think of, so that it will show up whenever anyone searches for the tag across the platform.
- Avoid using slang or SMS language as it is not correct English, and may make you look immature. Use the same formatting – font, size, styles – across the post. Try not to use too many colours in the text. Using CAPITAL or UPPERCASE TEXT should be minimal, as it looks like if you are shouting in text form.
- If you are writing a blog, post, or comment in the space covered by your product or service, you can link your website in the post. However, avoid directly soliciting or marketing your company’s products or services. Link farming, direct advertising over private messages, and any other surrogate marketing activities are frowned upon and may cause you to be banned.
- Do not pass off someone else’s content as yours. We take copyright seriously. If you are posting an article that has been posted elsewhere, please link back to the source of the original content. Please ensure that you have the permissions from the original copyright holders to do so prior to posting on the community.
- Do not post messages that violate national, state or any other laws, which can include (but not be limited to) anything that violates copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, etc. As a matter of fact, avoid doing anything illegal. Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage, any illegal activity. Posts and links that provide information about such activities are expressly forbidden and will be immediately removed.
- Ensure that the content you are posting is meant for open use. Do not post any classified data, research or information that is not meant to be publicly revealed. If the administrators are informed about any classified data being revealed on the public part of the Community, they shall delete it immediately, without informing the creator.
- Keep the discussion to the topic on hand. If a thread is discussing one topic, do not introduce a new topic in the same post, start a new thread instead. Reply or comment only when you have something to contribute, else you can like the post to show your interest. Avoid cross-posting by opening new threads on the same topic across different communities. Try not to spam multiple threads with the same query.
- This is a friendly bunch of people here, and we want to keep our discussions authentic and dynamic. Be professional, courteous, and nice to everyone. Don’t defame or attack other members. Any type of discrimination or behaviour unbecoming of a community user will be dealt with sternly.
- Avoid using language that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, demeaning, derogatory, or abusive about anyone. If you have a complaint against any user or their company, reach out to the administrators with your doubts. The administrators reserve the right to take strict action against the defaming party, including but not limited to banning them from the Community and deleting the defaming content.
- Try to avoid cheating to increase your own value or importance in the community. Do not create multiple fake or clone accounts to rate your content highly, or any such activity that does not benefit the community at large.
- If you find any violation of any rule listed above, or anything offensive or wrong, please report it to the administrators immediately. The community is intended to be on a variety of topics, and we would like to keep it open for everyone to use. If the reported content is found to be misleading, offensive or in violation, the administrators will take action relevant in that case.
NASSCOM Community Administrators will frequently review posts and comments for violations. If any message is found to be in violation, it will be deleted without warning or explanation. NASSCOM reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any content for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
NASSCOM takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the Community or of the authenticity of its authors. All opinions and views expressed in the Community are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of NASSCOM or its representatives.
NASSCOM reserves the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice. It is the responsibility of the forum member to check this page on a regular basis for any revisions in Community Etiquette before making any posts to the forum. By posting to the NASSCOM Community, you agree to abide by the above terms.
We would request all users to adhere to the above terms. If someone makes a mistake, please send them to this post. If all users moderate their own content in accordance with this etiquette, the Community will be a better place and we shall be able to achieve good quality interactions for a long time.