Clearly there are 5 key trends that will drive adoption of analytics, and they are: Data Explosion because of internet & SMAC; enhanced capabilities will be required as costs will come down; customer experience will increasingly gain prominence ; more informed decisions; compliance issues will keep getting more stringent.
By next year, the ‘Analytics’ market (globally) is likely to be US $ 37 billion. Expectedly, customer experience will be the key differentiator and data will be the oil for businesses.
The NASSCOM Special Interest Group (SIG) for Analytics will work towards addressing the special needs of the Analytics eco-system, which consists of:
- Consumers would increasingly want to know about benefits in a cost-effective way.
- Providers would need to focus on market development.
- Academia. The course curricula that would be required to make students industry-ready, founded on strong research base.
- Government would look at it from an employability angle; boost to GDP and solutions for the domestic market.
- Investors would be interested in gaining industry insights and building connects.
- Analysts would thrive on success stories, adequately backed by strong research.
The Framework. It will be pan-India, industry agnostic and an open platform.
The Objectives: Enhance Analytics maturity; build right Analytics talent; develop domestic Analytics market; and position India as the Global Hub.
The Delivery Mechanism:
- Strategic Reports
- Big Data & Analytics Summit
- Awareness Roundtables with ecosystem partners
- Industry-Academia Partnerships
- Showcasing startups
- Practitioners Best Practices Exchanges & Webinars
- Influencer Workshops
- Business contests & guest lectures in colleges
- Compilation of case studies
- Media coverage through blogs and interviews
- Participation in non-NASSCOM events