Global Operating Platforms (combined GICs and vendor operations that deliver services) are integral to any global enterprise and their importance is only going to increase. However, there is very limited literature that analyses GOPs as a whole, using standardised vocabulary and framework of study. This study attempts to equip GIC leaders to better handle GOP challenges and targets three outcomes:
- Drive a clear and consistent vocabulary around Global Operating Platforms (GOPs) and their key e
- Help leaders recognise the risks of a purely evolutionary approach when faced with growing complexity and expectations
- Provide GIC leaders and their stakeholders the basis to proactively engage on questions, such as:
- What structural changes (e.g. create global services organisations, reporting-line changes) will drive continued success?
- What process and governance changes (e.g. driving operating model strategy from GIC or creating GOP P&L ) will accelerate value creation?
- Which leadership and mindset changes are critical to support the evolution of GOP?
To purchase this report, please click here: Global Operating Platforms - May 2014