Zerone White Paper Series:
Businesses list out multiple reasons to move to cloud. Whatever reason it may be, you need to take into account several factors prior to building your applications in cloud. This article highlights the golden rules you must follow when you architect your first cloud-based application.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Never assume that local file system is permanent
- Never keep session state in your application
- Make your application ready for fail-over
- Never log to the file system
- Never assume any specific infrastructure dependency
- Never use infrastructure APIs from within your application
- Never use obscure protocols
- Never rely on OS-specific features
- Never install your application manually
- Legal compliance / contractual obligations
Understand about why data coupling is important, cloud application security, cloud design consideration questionnaire etc. by reading our white paper "Developing Application for Cloud: What You Need to Consider"