Monday, October 3, 2016 at Hotel Park Hyatt, Velachery, Chennai
Starts at 10:00 AM · Ends at 1:00 PM, IST (Asia/Calcutta)
This workshop is designed to explore how you perceive situations and become aware of the need to use lateral thinking – to think outside ones “self-limiting box”; to break down preconceived ideas. This short interactive & practical workshop allows people to understand the concept of unconscious bias and develop strategies to ensure personal biases are effectively managed.
Core skills covered:
What is unconscious bias - why is it important?
Recognising the science behind unconscious bias
Understanding individual biases and assessing their impact on our learning/teaching
Creating personal strategies to minimise the impact of our own biases.
- Understand how your unconscious affects the decisions you make
- Identify problem areas i.e. Stereotyping
- How groups identify things differently
- Being “conscious of your unconscious” to introduce/create a new point of view in the minds of others to facilitate change
1000 hrs – 1030 hrs
Registration & Networking Tea/Coffee
1030 hrs – 1035 hrs
Welcome Address & Context Setting by NASSCOM D&I Council Member
1035 hrs – 1230 hrs
Workshop on Are you Conscious of your Unconscious Bias? By Ms. Smita Tharoor, Founder, Tharoor Associates
1230 hrs – 1250 hrs
1250 hrs Onwards
- Smita Tharoor is the founder of Tharoor Associates, www.tharoorassocites.com an ILM (Institute of Management & Leadership, UK) endorsed training company that understands the importance of stories- both personal and corporate- and their role in defining an organisations identity and practices. She is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, an NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner and continues her learning with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Smita has over 25 years’ experience in all stages of the learning cycle. Her experience has been within corporate, regional and international frameworks and she has worked in large voluntary, public and private sector establishments as well as universities in India and the UK. Her USP is making the individual more conscious of his/her unconscious bias. She has considerable experience in embedding a Coaching culture into organisations and providing turn-around solutions for training & development companies in their fledgling state. She has expertise in the pioneering and development of training and education provision; with particular experience in the business management and service improvement areas. Growing up in secular India taught her the value of tolerance and the appreciation of accepting differences. She promotes diversity and cross cultural competence in line with E&D strategies and has designed and delivered training solutions within all sub-strands of diversity. Her experience working in the UK and India gives her a unique advantage in understanding the expectations and needs of different cultures. Most recently she delivered leadership training for senior civil servants from Afghanistan. Links to recent press: https://www.i-l-m.com/Insight/Edge/2015/March/pj-harvey-lessons-in-leadership One to One with Keith Vaz - http://issuu.com/abpl/docs/av_11oct2014
Hotel Park Hyatt, Velachery, Chennai