Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at webinar
Starts at 2:30 PM · Ends at 3:30 PM, IST (Asia/Calcutta)
The Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India has taken steps for simplification, amalgamations and rationalization of Central Labour Laws and replacing them with 4 Labour codes viz.
- Code on Social Security & Welfare
- Code on Industrial Relations
- Code on Wages
- Code on Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions
The preliminary draft Labour Code on Social Security and Welfare (Labour Code) has been prepared by the Ministry of Labour & Employment. The code amalgamates all existing labor laws related to social security (total 15 labour laws including EPF & MP Act, ESI Act, Payment of Gratuity Act etc.)
The Labour Code is an attempt to simplify, rationalize and consolidate the hitherto fragmented laws to make them less complex for easier comprehension implementation and enforcement. The code has envisaged an all-encompassing social security regime based on principles such as:
- Universalization to entire workforce
- Integration of fragmented schemes
- Decentralization of administration
- A rights based approach.
The preliminary draft of the code on social security and welfare is available online http://www.labour.nic.in/sites/default/files/Social%20Security%20Code-11.04.2017.pdf
Given the potential impact of the Labour Code on the members, NASSCOM in association with Deloitte, is organizing a Webinar on May 10th 2017 from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, to provide an overview of the draft labour code, its implications etc.
- Introduction by NASSCOM
- Setting the context – Tapati Ghose, Partner Deloitte
- Insights on the labour code – Saraswathi Kasturirangan, Partner Deloitte
The discussions would cover
- Labour code framework
- The potential implications of the code
- Detailed discussion on specific aspects of the code that would impact the industry
- Challenges envisaged
Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8391983298880615683 (Note: Upon registration, a confirmation email along with the webinar link will be sent on the registered email id)
Who Should Attend (This webinar is available only for NASSCOM members)
- Legal and Compliance Managers
- HR Managers
- Company Secretary’s etc.