Search
Register

Nasscom Member Mail – January 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Hope you are doing well.

2017 is going to be a very busy year for the IT industry. That much is certain, as we grapple with uncertainty in the wake of proposed protectionist measures recently witnessed in the US, post President Trump’s ascendancy to the White House. However, I can assure you, while working with our associates there, we are doing all we can to communicate to the political dispensation on value creation by Indian IT in US, which goes way beyond the commonly held belief of labour arbitrage. We are well into the digital age which is singularly driven by the spirit of innovation, and in such an environment I can only foresee US and India as equal partners in future, far removed from protectionist barriers. Reversing the ubiquitous process of globalisation now will only work towards mankind’s detriment, and at NASSCOM, it is our endeavour to contribute our mite to help steer it to a rational conclusion.

The presentation of the Union Budget is yet another eventful happening in February, now that it has been preponed by a month. Clearly, this budget was focussed on its intent of pro-growth and leveraging digitisation in process, including the humongous drive towards Re-monetization. However, we will be covering the budget details only in our next edition of the mailer, in February.

I would also like to remind you that later this month, 15-17 February, 2017 at Hotel Grand Hyatt, Mumbai we will be hosting our flagship event – the NASSCOM India Leadership Forum. I’d like to add here, this is the 25th edition of NILF and is themed on “Reimagine not Re-engineer.” I am writing to request you to block your seat at this event in case you haven’t already, and also nominate your senior leaders. Details are available at http://www.nasscom.in/Indialeadershipforum-2017/. You can also follow us on #NASSCOM_ILF2017 for more live updates.

The Jan mailer is being attached for your reference, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmly,  

R Chandrashekhar,

President

Leave a Reply