An IDC survey states that 87.5% of IT cloud computing businesses are concerned about Security Issues.
Let’s start with some greatest Cloud Security Breach instances!!!
- Anthem’s Breach and the Ubiquity of Compromised Credentials
- Amazon Cloud Horror – The demise of Code Spaces
- Apple iCloud suffered the largest high-profile cloud security breach
- Target security breach compromised up to 70 million customers’ credit card information during the holiday season
- Home Depot suffered a similar fate with more than 56 million credit or debit cards and 53 million emails compromised
Cloud Security testing is very much crucial to assess the security level of the system hosted in the cloud. This requires ensuring ongoing defensive security controls and proactive regular assessments to check the apps ability to withstand the data breach threats.
The cloud security testing team should ensure if the cloud deployment is secure and should give actionable remediation information when it is not complying with security standards.
The team should proactively conduct, real-world security tests using the techniques used by hackers seeking to breach the data in cloud-based systems and applications.
The Five Cloud Security Testing Essentials for Consideration
Cloud Security Testing Approach
- Proactively verify the security aspects of the cloud-based systems and applications against current security hack techniques
- Safely identify and validate critical cloud service vulnerabilities
- Measure the susceptibility to SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and other web application attacks
- Get actionable security information necessary to apply to the patches and code fixes
- Verify security posture of systems and networks
Cloud testing activities do hold some challenges; your organization can overcome these hurdles. It’s imperious that the right software testing service provider would be able to ensure cloud security around applications, services, and data.