Dear friends at NASSCOM,
Greetings from Hindi Center, Ottawa!
I just wanted to update you that for past few months our team has been working hard to develop a full-fledged website that would cater to the translation, localization and research needs of Hindi and Indian languages.
It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that our site: www.hindicenter.com is fully operational and I would like to invite you to be part of this site.
Hindi Center has the following aims and objectives:
1. To provide translation services in Hindi in combination with English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian and all major International languages.
2. To provide translation services in Hindi in combination with Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Oriya, Manipuri, Assamese, Urdu and other major languages of India
3. To provide humanitarian support through translation of texts into Hindi and other Indian languages to people of living in remote village areas.
4. To provide literary support authors of foreign languages by helping them to translate their research and books into Indian languages.
5. To promote interdisciplinary and translation research in Hindi and Indian languages and provide training to translators in Project Management, Terminology Management, Quality Control and Academic Research and Publication in translation and foster entrepreneurship development.
6. To develop network with Indian diaspora and global translators, agencies, academic institutions and NGOs.
7. To promote success stories of translators and agency owners and linguists and Indian diaspora.
Kindly note that Hindi Center is a not for profit platform, and 50% of all its profit will be used in creating access to information in rural areas specially during emergency and humanitarian needs.
Soon we will be announcing some concrete plans; meanwhile I invite you to be part of Hindi Center. Do join us by registering at : http://hindicenter.com/hindi-translation-user?view=registration
The registration is free.
As there are quite a good number of software professionals involved in localization with excellent language and research skills, it will be our pleasure to see you as part of our community.
President- Indian Translators Association (ITAINDIA)
Ex-Council Member- International Federation of Translators (FIT)
India Chair - International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
Secretary General- Asian Association of Translation Industry (AATIASIA)