There are more than 70 GICs in India from Japan, Germany and Korea. Their areas are diverse as well: IT Operations, IT Development, Automobile, Electronics, Engineering R&D and Business Process Management. Just as these GICs are presented with immense opportunities here, there are times when challenges can get onerous. There is no gainsaying that it is nurturing and focus alone, which will address these issues. Given this backdrop, NASSCOM launched the three Country Councils exclusively for the GICs from these countries, to serve as neutral collaborative platforms.
- Common advocacy platform that will unify GICs to be the collective voice in Government and policy matters.
- Convene Knowledge Share sessions to disseminate experiences, learnings, problem solving and help communicate their centre’s impact to headquarters.
- Help establish a vibrant eco-system of stake holders including Academia and other agencies involved in the growth of business between India and these nations. This could lead to increased collaboration to address common enough challenges like hiring talent and skill development; developing process and quality standards; ability to develop leadership culture; visa and trade related matters etc.
- Communication of capabilities in India to their respective HQs, strengthens the collective proposition back home. This group also doubles up as a think tank for the IT, Engineering, Automobile, Embedded and ER&D segments for the trade attaches in Ministry of Commerce in India, as well as trade attachés in their respective countries.
- Position India as a preferred GIC location.
- Collaborate and partner to
Tell us what you think about this idea and how we can drive higher engagement.