Customers have taken control of their purchase process. With websites, blogs, Facebook updates, online reviews and more, they use multiple sources of information to make decisions and often engage with a brand dozens of times between inspiration and purchase.
It’s important that organizations collect every customer interaction in order to identify sentiments of happy & unhappy customers.
Companies can get a complete 360º view of customers by aggregating data from the various touch points that a customer may use, to contact a company to purchase products and receive service/support.
This Customer 360º snapshot should include:
- Identity: name, location, gender, age and other demographic data
- Relationships: their influence, connections, associations with others
- Current activity: orders, complaints, deliveries, returns
- History: contacts, campaigns, processes, cases across all lines of business and channels
- Value: which products or services they are associated with, including history
- Flags: prompts to give context, e.g. churn propensity, up-sell options,fraud risk, mood of last interactions, complaint record, frequency of contact
- Actions: expected, likely or essential steps based on who they are and the fact they are calling now
The 360º view of customers, also often requires a big data analytics strategy to marry structured data (data that can reside in the rows and columns of a database), with unstructured data (data like audio files, video files, social media data).
- All customer touch point data in a single repository for fast queries
- Next best actions or recommendations for customers
- All key metrics in a single location for business users to know and advise customers
- Intuitive and customizable dashboards for quick insights
- Real time hyper personalized customer interaction
- Enhanced customer loyalty
Customer 360º helps achieve Single View of Customer across Channels – online, stores, marketplaces, Devices – wearables, mobile, tablets, laptops & Interactions – purchase, posts, likes, feedback, service.
This is further used for customer analytics – predict churn, retention, next best action, cross-sell & up-sell opportunities, profitability, life time value.
Global leaders in customer experience are Apple, Disney, Emirates.
A word of caution though – Focus & collect only that customer data, which can help to improve the customer journey.