We are pleased to share participation of NASSCOM member company delegation at Slush, from 3rd-5th December in Helsinki. Slush as some of you may know is one of the largest and very prominent gathering of Startups, Investors and Enterprise and is of interest to all those interested in the Emerging tech space.
Here is a list of quantitative and qualitative impact outcomes:
- On an average each participating member company had 30-35 good quality B2B meetings with mature Startups from Finland, Sweden and Israel which they plan to pursue discussions with
- ICT Speed dating other foreign Startup including Israel, which had a pavilion there.
- Engagement models for large and mid-sized members – include and not limited to partnering with companies that can give them scale in the Nordics, potential partnerships with companies interested to take their products through service route, joint go to market strategies, acquisitions and also checkout cool ideas.
- Spotlight on Indian Startup Eco-system via a panel discussion in partnership with Invest India, Startup India & Embassy of India
- Exhibition opportunity at a highly visible location for Startups, that were a part of NASSCOM delegation.
- Participants from member companies including Infosys, HCL, Nagarro & ITC Infotech and few start-ups
- Feedback from few:
- “I have scouted for 30 plus Startups and we have a structured approach of taking them in our eco-system. Here you will find talent & people doing amazing work” – Deputy General Manager Enterprise Tech office – Customer Centric Innovation, Corporate Venturing, HCL Technologies HCL Technologies
- “Have 6-8 Strategic Govt cooperation ideas, 4-5 strategic partners that can help us scale and 20-30 idea & companies whom we can pursue further. Very vibrant and interesting. I have not been really connected at NASSCOM and what you guys do”, AVP, Head of Digital for Product Platforms – Consumer, Retail & Logistics, Infosys
“Since we have been a part of NASSCOM’s official delegation, we have been received v. well and have been seen in a different light and that works very well for collaboration. I have shortlisted about 6-8 mature Start-ups that we can take to our customers and those who want to do product engineering outside of this region” Director, Digital Business Unit for Nordics, Nagarro
“Good to meet variety of players and the program was nicely put together. We have identified close to 50 companies who we will go back and pursue diligently”, Chief Executive Officer, Tarento
Slush is a very high potential platform that can really push our “Tech Alliance” agenda forward in the Nordics. A more detailed version of UPDATE is attached herewith that covers feedback & learning as well. I look forward to any feedback.