The BPM Council has initiated a program to connect emerging companies with the Council initiatives as well as understand the local challenges and build programs to address these issues. Accordingly, a very successful NASSCOM BPM Council regional meet was held in Chennai on 05th May 2016. The meeting was attended by in excess of 40 members, a platform to provide a complete update on Council activities, define priority areas as well, as an outreach to share local issues and request for formation of a local forum. Some of the key issues raised by members included:
- Talent: Showcase the career opportunities and enable employees to think of BPM careers as long term options.
- Compliances: Address issues related to labour laws, local compliances and Payment of Bonus act.
- 24x7x365: Enable BPM companies to work all days of the year without any disruption to handle critical projects / support services
- Best Practices:
- Skills: Partner with academia and focus on building curriculum, train the trainers; specialised programs like F&A, Analytics
- Mentorship: Creating Mentors in the domain, Make existing employees become mentors or role model, Explaining industry structure and growth frontiers
- Tech Disruptions: Create programs to understand how technology is disrupting the BPM sector.