…………..Excerpts from Strategic Review 2017: Software Products & Start-ups. Download the full report for insights on the India market from here
The structural shift from an on-premise to cloud is imminent, with public cloud growing 7.6X the growth of on-premise (Source: IDC). It is all market-driven and revolves around the growing need to save cost and build efficiencies. Amazon forayed into the market back in the times when larger players were not willing to accept this development.
Nevertheless, even the larger players now are investing in this space.
Oracle’s India Cloud Growth
- Flexibility, cost, agility, innovation and time-to-market are driving Oracle’s cloud growth in India
- From an enterprise focused mind-set to catering to largely-untapped small and mid-market customers
- 50% business coming from new customers – Ola, Makemytrip, Jabong, PVR Cinemas, and Bookmyshow
- Launched the company’s first “Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator” in Bengaluru
- More centers to open in the future in Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Trivandrum and Vijayawada
- Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator to provide the following:
–Access to Oracle customers and partners
–Access to investors
–Free credits on Oracle Cloud
For more such case studies and insights, click here to download NASSCOM’s flagship report on software products and start-ups.