- This event has passed.
Disability Sensitization Workshop
February 5 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
From 21.9 million in 2001, the percentage of People with disability (PwDs) in India has gone up to 26.8 million in 10 years – from 2.13% to 2.21% of the total population. Yet, less than 1 per cent of people with disability are meaningfully employed across sectors. The solution, we believe is to create more employment opportunities by equipping organisations with the skills they need to hire, and meaningfully engage with PwDs.
In this context NASSCOM Foundation in collaboration with NASSCOM are pleased to invite you to a workshop which focuses on building a disability confident organization. The workshop will be will be facilitated by GiftAbled a social enterprise which strives to create an ecosystem of like-minded individuals to collectively build an inclusive society.
The objective of the workshop is to alter mindsets, address fears, confusion, break stereotypes, and bust myths about people with disability. What the workshop will cover:
- RPwD Act – Overview of the disability law
- Delve into the myths which associated with disability
- Some do’s and don’ts when interacting with people with disability
- An introduction to basic braille and sign language
- Best practices
- Understanding the RPwD Act
- Disability as a Business Case/ Convincing the committee or board- How Companies have benefited from Inclusion
- Inclusion Framework- Step by Step methodology as you engage with PwDs (Accessibility, Reasonable Accommodation)
- Program Agenda
- Welcome Note by NASSCOM
- Uncharted Waters (Step out of comfort zone) Introduction and Energizers.
- Accelerator : Is D&I a cost centre or revenue centre?
- Joy; Introduction to basic sign language
- Q & A – Conclusion
- Networking over Hi-Tea
- Who can Attend:
- HR Heads
- D&I Heads
- CSR Heads