- Right at the outset they described how innovation is viewed within the organisation. Clearly it is about disrupting the market.
- 1.5 mn apps that Apple runs is a testimony to that. Of course, thereâ€™s an entire community of people out there who do not necessarily swear by Appleâ€™s products, so it is up for debate. Nonetheless, it tells a remarkable story of a single organisation which gave the world its many firsts.
- 380k members of paid apple developers program, the minds behind all these radical shifts that the brand is closely associated with.
- 1.2 mn jobs created in Europe. Impressive as it may sound, it also raises tremendous hope at times when Europe is facing a crisis of sorts, and remains precariously balanced at the cusp of great change.
- $ 40bn paid to developers. A whopping figure indeed but clearly tells the story about where the focus lies. The guys who are doing the heavy lifting and getting rewarded in turn.
The Crux of the Talk by John Geleynse, Sr Director Technology Evangelism An app has to be:
- Delightful: which is inviting, intuitive, engaging exciting, memorable, and most importantly, useful.
- Innovative: ground breaking, category defining, inspirational, memorable, influential, State of art & takes advantage of latest ios devices, supports latest OS releases, integrates with latest technologies.
- Connected: adding value to customers by connecting to other devices.
Designed to be: efficient, interactive, looks gorgeous, virtual, familiar, retina ready and adaptive, dynamic with motion effects.