As Indian Product footprint grows, many services companies are working to transition to a product company.
I personally have known a friend (running a services company) struggling with this transition (to product).
My product background (no funding so far)
Founded Hireplug: Social Recruiting Platform (B2B)
- 300 companies used it in 10 countries.
- 10 paying customers from India/UK.
- Built with a small team of 3 members.
- Featured on ET Now TV Show.
Built Lifetime.fm: Group video chat system (B2C).
- Built the product single-handedly.
- 5000 monthly active users.
- Used by a top 10 rock bands in the USA.
Built Classmint.com: Study Notes Creation System (B2C, US EdTech space)
- 50k monthly active users.
- 100+ schools in the USA used it.
- Recurring revenue to cover infra. costs.
- Helped thousands of students score well.
My personal recommendation is to work on PRODUCT DEFINITION first.
If you do need help, reach me on twitter @rajcode