- This event has passed.
Fighting Fraud in Uncertain Economic Times with Graph Analytics, Machine Learning and FIBO
May 21 @ 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm
We’re going through uncertain times. The current COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc on the global economy and, unfortunately, experts predict that economies around the world will suffer severe near-term contractions.
History shows that, during economic downturns and periods of high unemployment, fraud increases. During the Great Recession of 2008, for example. investment fraud and other consumer scams went up by 50% as the fraudsters preyed on people’s fear of uncertainty in the stock market and a high rate of the unemployment rate. Experts predict a similar degree of foul play during the coronavirus health crisis, leveraging those same financial fears.
Graph analytics can be a powerful weapon in the fight against criminal activity. Five of the ten largest global banks and two of the world’s largest payment card companies are utilizing advanced analytics on connected data or graph for their anti-fraud initiatives. This technology helps analyze, detect and visualize complex data patterns – patterns that indicate potential fraud.
The webinar will explore:
– How deep link analytics that involves traversing six, and more, connected entities in a dataset is essential for uncovering fraudulent behavior
– How similarity algorithms can be used to identify patterns of suspicious behavior, along with detecting networks of people who have demonstrated suspicious behavior in the past
– How machine learning integrated with graph analytics can be used to find these patterns across tens of terabytes of data
– How to combine graph analytics and machine learning with FIBO ontology to deliver the integrated fraud-detection solution.
Attend this webinar if you are interested in getting a head-start in fighting the fraud that the COVID-19 pandemic is almost certain to cause.
The webinar will be led by industry experts including:
– Dr. Victor Lee, Head of Product Strategy & Developer Relations, TigerGraph
– Mike Meriton, Moderator, Co-Founder & COO, EDM Council