SEO: The Job Creator For 2020 And Ahead
It is no surprise that the usage of the internet has skyrocketed during the pandemic. Our lives have been upended and we are slowly adapting to the new normal. It doesn’t only comprise masks and sanitisers but a whole lot more! Meetings, movies, games, calls, financial transfers, shopping – you name it and it’s gone digital. Anything you may need is available at the click of a finger.
At such a time, the usage of Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) has become crucial. All brands, personalities, institutions and companies are working towards organic traffic growth through SEO.
Why is it important though?
Should you join the bandwagon?
How can this growing trend be utilised to your advantage?
We will cover all this and more in this article. So keep reading.
What is SEO?
For those of you who are relatively new to the topic, Search Engine Optimization increases the traffic to your website or page. This is done through optimising your website’s ranking on any search engine. According to a study published by Microsoft, SEO is the most important hard skill for a marketer in 2020.
The growth of SEO
Over the past few years, SEO has seen tremendous growth. Some of the statistics that have been released by various publications are jaw-dropping and eye-opening. Let us take you through them.
- The #1 driver of website traffic is search. It beats social media by almost 300%
- Google is the market leader as a search engine (you saw that coming of course!). 91.75% of ALL global desktop searches happen through Google
- As of 2019, there were over 5.5 billion searches done on Google daily. This effectively means around 63000 search queries every second!
- About 15% or one-sixth of the queries on Google have NEVER been searched before! This is a massive window of opportunity.
- Companies allocate about 41% of their marketing budget to SEO
- Out of those who executed an SEO strategy, a staggering 82% found it to be effective
- If your brand is #1 on Google search, it enjoys a Click-through-rate (CTR) of around 34%
- 61% of marketers are of the opinion that SEO is the driving force behind online success
But after giving you these unmissable figures, you may want to ask – how is this helpful to me?
Well, no doubt SEO is not the next big thing, but the CURRENT big thing. If you haven’t gone digital yet, we don’t understand what is stopping you.
By going digital, we don’t only mean starting a business right away. It implies harnessing the opportunity that the internet offers. From getting hired to working with great companies, you can use SEO to get job opportunities like never before.
How can SEO generate job opportunities?
There are many answers to this question. Here are a few:
- E-commerce is growing at an exponential rate in our country and 70% marketers believe in SEO over PPC (pay per click). This will open up many opportunities for SEO specialists to showcase their expertise
- Businesses are now tilted towards long-term impact rather than short term gains. The trend is shifting to slow and steady organic search rather than impulsive, quick ads and social media methods
- COVID-19 has forced most businesses to shift from offline to online. Traditional marketing methods will not work when the customers are at home. Digital marketing is the route being adopted
Learning SEO can be a long-term plan. With offline jobs on-hold, there is a steep rise in digital jobs. This could be the alternate career option, your regular income method. Trust us, this isn’t a phase. Digital is the way and it’s here to stay!
By Mr. Vikram Kumar, Co-Founder and Managing Director, SRV Media Pvt. Ltd.