Topics In Demand
Notification
New

No notification found.

Blog
BDT extends the due date for furnishing of the Country-by-Country report to 31 March 2018

November 6, 2017

Dear All,

Bringing to your notice a recent circular released by CBDT (Circular No. 26/2017) extending the due date for furnishing of the Country-by-Country (“CbC”) report for the reporting accounting year 2016-17, from 30 November 2017 to 31 March 2018.

As per the provisions of section 286(2) of the Act, the CbC report is required to be furnished by on or before the due date of furnishing tax return under section 139 (1) of the Act (i.e. November 30, 2017). The Circular states that FY 2016-17 being the first reporting year and the fact that the rules for furnishing of CbC report are still under consideration, the CbC report for the reporting accounting year 2016-17 has to be furnished by 31 March 2018 in place of the earlier due date of 30 November 2017.

Please note that the due date of furnishing of the CbC report for the subsequent years .i.e. reporting accounting year 2017-18 onwards continues to be the due date of filing the income-tax return i.e. 30 November following the financial year.

A copy of  the rules is attached herewith for your reference.

That the contents of third-party articles/blogs published here on the website, and the interpretation of all information in the article/blogs such as data, maps, numbers, opinions etc. displayed in the article/blogs and views or the opinions expressed within the content are solely of the author's; and do not reflect the opinions and beliefs of NASSCOM or its affiliates in any manner. NASSCOM does not take any liability w.r.t. content in any manner and will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any kind of liability arising out of any act, error or omission. The contents of third-party article/blogs published, are provided solely as convenience; and the presence of these articles/blogs should not, under any circumstances, be considered as an endorsement of the contents by NASSCOM in any manner; and if you chose to access these articles/blogs , you do so at your own risk.

communityadmin

© Copyright nasscom. All Rights Reserved.